Charles Milo Williams (1867-1954), a native of New Orleans, was a prominent engineer and architect in his native city. He was a local pioneer in the use of reinforced concrete for residences and built many homes in the Carrollton section. In addition to his professional activities, Williams was also active in musical and dramatic activities, and was an amateur photographer.
The photographs were a gifted to the New Orleans Public Library in 1973 by the Clark Library at Brigham Young University.
The 5x7 and 8x10 prints were produced in 1973 from glass negatives donated by Brigham Young University. They are mounted on board. Included are views of local buildings, monuments, and cemeteries, along with images of New Orleans street scenes, people, City Park, and the riverfront.